The company accepts and acknowledges its obligations and responsibilities under legislation and guidance dealing with environmental issues that effect or arise in consequence of its business. The company will apply the methodology of its Environmental Policy to identify and determine the environmental issues requiring attention and implementation of the measures to achieve improvement. In particular attention will be given to:
- Environmental awareness and understanding of our business activity, providing training as necessary and encouraging sub-contractors and suppliers to adopt sound environmental practices
- The considerate use of land undergoing development having special regard to archaeology finds and the storage, treatment and disposal of any waste, hazardous or potentially toxic materials to avoid environmental harm
- The use and re-use of materials to minimise waste and the use of materials and products from sustainable sources
- Control the emission of pollutants, noise, dust and the use of potentially harmful substances and treatments during construction activities
- Conserve energy through sensible selection, use and management of resources, equipment, plant and transport
- The continued development, monitoring and investigation of systems, practices and procedures at each stage of construction to ensure the environment remain a foremost consideration
Our policies will be kept up to date, particularly as the business changes in nature and size. To ensure this, the policies and the way in which they are implemented will be reviewed as and when required.